After School Club Leader
Due to increased demand from schools, we require new team members for our ‘After School Club’ term-time leader roles in Sheffield and surrounding areas.
*Term-time – must be available 15:00pm-17:00pm.
Min. 1 day per week but up to 4 days a week for the right candidate*
Looking for jobs in primary schools working with children?
Confident with technology and computers?
Why not come and join us?
ComputerXplorers Sheffield South is recruiting part-time leaders across Sheffield and surrounding areas. We are searching for top quality people to lead our fun computing and IT clubs in primary schools.
Are you currently: –
· a teaching assistant or
· an NQT / ECT or
· an experienced teacher or
· a retired teacher or
· a childminder or
· an undergraduate or
· volunteering with children but want additional part-time work
Then this is an excellent opportunity for you. No formal teaching qualification is necessary as our curriculum in programming, 3D Design, website design, digital animation, and much more is provided for you.
We offer a range of classes including:
- After School Clubs in Local Schools.
- PPA Cover
- In School Workshops / Theme Days
- Holiday Clubs
Initially working up to 4 hours per week in our after-school sessions.
Progression opportunities may exist to work through the school day, covering PPA time or leading our full-day workshops / theme days. There’s also the possibility of running a club on a weekend.
We want you to deliver our active and exciting computer lessons in after-school clubs and show children a much broader range of skills than simply MS Office! Programming, 3D Design, game-based learning & digital animation are among the many STEM courses we run for 4 – 11 year olds.
We are looking for-
- A confident & enthusiastic computer user but you don’t need to be an IT expert!
- Ability to engage with children & make learning fun.
- Ability to think quickly and work independently.
- Enthusiastic, reliable & friendly individual.
- Holder of an Enhanced DBS check (preferred)
- A driver with your own transport (required)
- Available up to 4 hours per week Monday – Friday (3-5pm)We will provide-
- Full Training.
- Detailed Lesson Plans.
- All the equipment you will need to deliver our courses.
- Highly competitive rates of pay from £16.00 per hour.Application question(s):
- Tell us why you feel suitable for this position?
- Do you have previous experience working with children? Please provide details-
- What experience or skills do you have using computers? (Access to own Laptop?)Education / Experience:
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- IT Background (preferred)
- Education / Childminder Background (preferred)Licence/Certification:
- Driving Licence & Own Transport (required)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (preferred)
Interested in joining a great team and making a difference in the education of children?
Please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing Date: 30th June 2022