Our approach to working with children during the Coronavirus pandemic
The potential impact of the Coronavirus pandemic is of concern to everyone. We wanted to reassure you that the health and wellbeing of the children we work with and those of our staff is the highest priority for us at ComputerXplorers.
We love sharing our excitement about the world of technology with all of the children in our classes and we are working hard to continue to share that in whatever way we can. Whether that is working in person with schools who are looking after Key Workers' children or by delivering classes online we are committed to keeping the tech excitement alive!
Keeping our 'in person' classes COVID-secure
We carefully manage our groups to ensure that your children and our staff stay safe while having fun.
- Social distancing rules are complied with throughout our classes - group numbers are reduced where necessary.
- Keyboards, computers and mice are sanitised before and after each class.
- Children are required to sanitise their hands on entering and leaving the class.
- Computers will not be shared during the pandemic.
Support for schools caring for Key Workers' children during the COVID-19 pandemic
ComputerXplorers can come in to your school and provide fun and educational computing and technology sessions on your premises to groups of key workers’ children you are continuing to care for.
Who are ComputerXplorers?
- We have local teams, working across many parts of the UK, who are specialists in computing and technology classes for children from 3-13.
- We work with a large number of schools in our areas providing workshops, in-curriculum time classes, computing clubs etc.
- We cover all areas of tech from creative animation to robotics, coding and physical computing.
- We are DBS (or Disclosure Scotland) checked.
After School Tech Clubs - Coronavirus/COVID-19
We are looking forward to the day (in the not too distant future!) that we will be back in all of our regular schools with some more great computing clubs. As soon as you're ready, we're ready! Just give us a call.
In the meantime, why not try our virtual tech clubs with our online classes.
Our online sessions are delivered live in small groups by our fab team of expert tech leaders so your child has all the input and interaction they need.
All you need at home is an internet connection and a laptop/desktop.